Invest In Chestermere
How it Works
- Any development in a commercial district
- Commercial development in a mixed-use district
- Development in an industrial or business park district
- Housing specific for seniors
- 3 to 4 storey apartment buildings
- The applicant must be the owner of the building
- All required permits must be completed and approved
- Construction must be completed and an occupancy permit must be issued within 24 months of obtaining the building permit
- The project must comply with the Land Use Bylaw and all relevant statutory plans.
All outstanding accounts must be paid in full and taxes levied on the eligible property must be kept current during the incentive period.
About The Policy
- Chestermere City Council passed an Economic Development Incentive Policy on February 5, 2019.
- The purpose is to promote and incentivize economic development within the City of Chestermere.
- The provisions allow for the municipal portion of supplementary taxes for new construction of commercial, industrial and specified residential buildings be cancelled, reduced or refunded.