Engineering Services is responsible for working with the Planning & Growth department in the review and comment phases of applications for MASP, ASP, Outline Plans, and land use, zoning amendments, and major construction projects. These reviews ensures appropriate development standards; servicing requirements and good engineering practices are met.
Engineering is responsible to ensure conformity to sound engineering principles and engineering design criteria and standards of the City for:
- The review and approval of final detailed engineering designs for all site plan applications and plans of subdivision included within agreements,
- Inspection of the infrastructure during construction,
- Review and approval for new residential, commercial and industrial development, capital reconstruction works, site works and traffic studies,
- Management of the City’s roadway networks, including traffic impact and transportation network studies, and
- Management of department staff and other resources, including professional engineering consultants and private contractors involved with City and private development and construction of road and utilities.