“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear”
A career as a Chestermere Fire Services (CFS) firefighter is truly unique. As a growing fire service, staff are required to do significantly more than just respond to emergency incidents. If you’re interested in contributing to building something bigger than yourself, then a career with CFS might be for you.
CFS fire crews are the first on scene at residential and commercial structure fires, medical emergencies, motor vehicle accidents, aquatic emergencies, hazardous material incidents and technical rescue calls. Our team is on a relentless pursuit of training and skill development to ensure we continue to offer exceptional service and care to our community.
Full time firefighters will also be involved/responsible for the following:
- Fire prevention, inspections and community outreach;
- Devotion to life-long learning, teamwork, humility, integrity and respect;
- Dedication to community service, collaboration and growth;
- Contribute to the development and progression of the department, constantly striving to improve the level of service provided to the community;
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness throughout the duration of your career.
Chestermere Fire Services (CFS) is proud to employ highly trained, passionate Firefighters. The service compliment currently includes four, five-person platoons that work a 10/14 shift schedule. This shift involves a rotating combination of 10-hour day shifts and 14-hour night shifts, averaging 42 hours per week.
CFS is not currently recruiting. Please keep your eye on the website for future vacancies.