WHAT IS CAP?
The Community Access Program (CAP) is a wonderful initiative aimed at enhancing community engagement and accessibility. CAP is dedicated to providing residents with opportunities to connect, learn, and enjoy various activities that promote a strong sense of community.
Each year, eligible residents can apply for a card to participate in the program. The card gives participants access to community memberships, classes, transit passes, and additional offerings made available by local businesses.
Each partnering business decides what discount will be applied to the program/service being offered to CAP participants. Each card expires on December 31 each year and must be renewed at Chestermere Community Support Services located at City Hall.
With your eligibility and CAP card, you can access the following subsidies:
- Camp Chestermere Subsidy
- Calgary Yacht Club Subsidy
- Chestermere Library Card
- Chestermere Recreation Community Association Subsidy
- Harmony Health and Fitness Discount
- Kids Up Front tickets
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Synergy Membership
- TELUS Spark Centre Passes
- Transportation Subsidy
- Whitecappers Membership
- Rocky View Bus
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Community Support Services using the form below for application information.
- Proof of Chestermere Residence
- I.D for household members
- Proof of income
Acceptable Proof of Income for Financial Need:
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment
- Assured Income for Severely Handicapped benefits (AISH)
- Alberta Works Learners or Alberta Health Benefit
- Letter from a Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Income lower than Chestermere Living Wage.
- 3 Month Bank Statements
All information provided to staff is kept strictly confidential.